RV Service Technician Required
Company:Positive Life Concepts
Job Posting Date:June 28, 2019
Scope of Work
Positive Life Concepts is looking for an experienced and well-rounded Journeyman RV Technician for our client in Medicine Hat, Alberta. Other related trade accomplishments will be considered with significant experience. Our client has been serving the region for over fourteen years and is a family run business who treats you as such. They were built on great customer service and unsurpassed knowledge of the recreation business. Come and be a part of an organization that will help you grow in the industry! This role involves a good variety of duties and there is never a dull moment!
What will be your responsibilities?
• Install, repair and maintain interior and exterior components on motor homes, travel trailers, fifth wheel trailers, truck campers, tent trailers and van conversions.
• Install, repair, replace and maintain roofs, siding, windows, doors, vents, awnings, floor coverings, cabinets, counters, plumbing systems, electrical systems, propane gas systems, batteries, charging systems and hitch installs.
• Install accessories; perform pre-delivery inspections; read and write repair orders.
• Troubleshooting, repairs and maintenance on propane gas and electric appliances such as furnaces, refrigerators, water heaters, ranges and air conditioners.
• Repairs to fiberglass, body and structural components.
• Install trailer and fifth wheel hitches, wire tow vehicles and perform maintenance and repairs on trailer frames, undercarriage and suspension.
• Use manuals, catalogues and Internet websites to order repair parts and components.
• Use computerized and electronic devices for testing components.
• This includes small repairs varying from appliances, plumbing, electrical, carpentry, and oil changes Completing all paperwork and documentation of all repairs
• Journeyman RV Technician certification is preferred however, indentured 3rd year apprentices are also encouraged to apply.
• Good attitude
• Own small tools required
• Examine, troubleshoot and diagnose units needing repair and maintenance
• Good diagnostic skills
• Experience with Plumbing, Carpentry, or Electrical (Automotive or Industrial).
• Experience with vehicle hitch and wiring
• Ability to work rotating Saturdays
- • Good manual dexterity and balance while working off the ground including heights
- • The ability to periodically lift in excess of 25 kilograms mechanical, electrical and electronics aptitude with strong troubleshooting and problem-solving capabilities.
- • You must have excellent communication, organizational and learning skills.
- • You must have the ability to work independently and as a team member who takes pride in workmanship with the desire to attain a superior level of expertise.
- • The right candidate will be challenged with a variety of tasks that are rarely repetitious in nature and take them on in a positive and productive manner.