Job Posting Date:August 28, 2018
Scope of Work
• Greet customers in a timely, friendly manner. Acknowledge those who are potentially waiting in line
• Communicate with service customers to determine the nature of their required repairs/problem(s)
• Prepare estimates and quote work required
• Create/Update Work Orders with labor, parts and sublets required
• Take photographs of repairs and unit upon check in as required
• Obtain customer’s written approval on all repair orders at the time of the write‐up or when closing additional add‐on sales
• Keeps the customer abreast of estimates and communicates with the Warranty Writer on warranty authorization decisions
• Obtain pre-authorizations from manufacturers as required
• Consult with a technician or technician lead to ensure that the specifications of the work to be carried out are accurately conveyed to the customer
• Schedule labour hours in G2/IDS in sequential order based on priority/time promised (via Tower Operator as appropriate)
• Notify Lead Technician of incoming work for next day
• Establish “time promised”. Check with person responsible for work distribution, if necessary.
• Check on progress of repair throughout the day; contact customers regarding any changes in estimates or promised times, explain cost and time requirements in detail, and get proper authorization before any additional repairs are performed
• Handle telephone inquiries regarding work in process
• Ensure follow up with your customers and document feedback in an appropriate manner
• Review every finished repair order for proper completion, pricing accuracy, and legibility
• Ensure timely closing of work orders as soon as work is completed
• Call and advise the customer as soon as work is completed
• Stay on top of units that are on the yard and ensure pick up. Make several calls if needed.
• Review the invoice details with the customer upon customer pick up.
• Identify, recommend and support opportunities for methods/process improvement
• Follow all service department policies and procedures
• Bring forward all escalated customer issues to the appropriate manager for assistance and resolutions
• Maintain safe, working practices at all times and abide by working rules and standards set out for the dealership
• Ensure all RV’s are locked and all keys are marked and put away correctly
• Any other items, as directed by the Service Manager
• High school diploma or GED required.
• Service writer training and/or certificates
• CSR training and/or certificates
• 1 years working experience in a customer service or sales position.
• Strong customer service and troubleshooting skills.
• Able to work well under pressure.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Able to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally at all times.
• Proven data entry, data editing and typing skills.
• Experience in all aspects of customer service and people management.
• Ability to analyze and interpret the needs of clients and offer the appropriate options, solutions, and resolutions required.
• Able to respond quickly in a dynamic and changing environment.
• Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
• Strong work ethic and positive team attitude.
• Must have valid driver's license.
• Ability to drive manual transmission vehicles.
• Previous industry knowledge.
• Ability to read and comprehend instructions and information.