Parts/Service Management Programs
This page contains information on educational and training opportunities for all parts and service personnel, including Service and Parts Managers currently working in the RV industry.
For information on apprenticeship programs, please go to Become an apprentice.
For information on programs for RV service technicians, please go to Technician programs.
Photo courtesy of RV Pro Magazine
Spader Business Solution works with niche markets such as farm equipment, lighting showrooms, marine, motorcoach, office furniture, powersports, RV and trailer industries. Their knowledge of best business practices can be applied to a number of industries.
Workshops are routinely offered in Alberta, Saskatchewan, Ontario and Quebec.
Current workshop information is available on Spader Business Solutions’ website.
- Service Management Workshop is intended for Service Managers, Service Writers, General Managers and Owners
- Service Writing Workshop is intended for Service Managers, Shop Foreman, Service Writers, General Managers and Owners
- Total Management 1 Workshop is intended for Business Owner or General Manager, Controller or Bookkeeper, Department managers and key employees
- Total Management 2 Workshop is intended for Business Owner, President/CEO, General Manager, executives, Department directors and managers, Human Resources Manager.
- Parts & Accessories Management Workshop is intended for Parts and Accessories Managers, key parts and accessories employees and Owner and General Manager.
- Hiring & Developing Winners Workshop is intended for Business Owner, General Manager, Department managers and anyone responsible for hiring and training new employees.
A World of Training offers training in variable and fixed operations in numerous formats and settings.
Current workshop information is available on A World of Training’s website.
Complete Service Advisor sales training
Complete Parts Counter sales training
Specializing in the RV industry, Marzahn and King Consulting delivers professional training in all areas of dealership operations.
The Mike Molino RV Learning Center (RVLC) is an affiliation of the Recreation Vehicle Dealers Association of America. RVLC offers technical publications, certification programs, online learning, and workshops, all designed exclusively for dealership staff. The professional development and educational resources offered by the Learning Center help dealers maintain professionalism and efficiency even as markets change.
There are 5 certification tests available for parts and service personnel. The credentials are designed to recognize individuals employed in the RV industry that demonstrate a thorough knowledge of their jobs and a commitment to professionalism. The Learning Center partnered with The Ohio State University’s Center for Education and Training for Employment to develop Certifications, Competency Profiles, and instructional materials in the following areas:
Parts Specialist, Service Writer/Advisor, and Warranty Administrator certifications are appropriate for individuals currently employed in the industry with at least one year of service, parts, warranty department, or related industry experience.
Management-level parts and service personnel with at least two years work experience in RV service, parts, or related industry, and possess the necessary supervisory and budget planning knowledge, are eligible for the Parts Manager and Service Manager certifications.
- Service and Parts Manager Certification test fee: US$249
- Parts Specialist, Service Writer/Advisor, and Warranty Administrator certifications test fee: US$199
- Readiness test fee: US$25. This fee is deducted from the certification test fee if the certification test is taken within 6 months.
How to Prepare for Certification
Certification includes a rigorous testing process ensuring dealers that certified staff are knowledgeable in their field according to industry standards, and displayed in each position’s Competency Profile. Review the Certification FAQ regarding the application and testing process as well as test results.
Resources to prepare working professionals for certification:
- Learning Guides
- Complement existing in-house training programs. RV industry trainers will often use the Guides as supporting materials. Guide books are not included in test fee and are available in CD-ROM or print formats.
- All orders for Canada are processed by RVDA of Canada
- Online Readiness Tests or pre-assessments help individuals assess their job knowledge and preparedness for certification.
- Training programs offered by Florida RV Trade Association’s Distance Learning Network: The online training program offers instructional content including Service Writer/Adviser; Greeter/Receptionist; Dealer/GM.
- Manufacturer, supplier, distributor, and professional RV industry trainers help certification candidates build on their base of on-the-job experience with formal, structured training.
- RV Dealers International Convention/Expo: The annual event offers over 20 hours of timely education workshops.
RV Industry Training Calendar offers information about classroom and online training programs available throughout North America in all categories of training including: Dealer/GM, Sales, Service, RV service technician, Parts, F&I, Rental.