Journeyman RV Technician with Business Ownership Opportunity
Company:Ted's RV & Trailer Repair Ltd.
Job Posting Date:March 28, 2023
Scope of Work
Experience all the benefits of living and working in Northwestern Ontario, near the Minnesota USA border. Thunder Bay and area offers year round recreation: winter - hockey, snowmobiling, skiing and ice fishing; summer - camping, fishing, ATV’ing and fall hunting. Thunder Bay has a low cost of living and affordable housing, with short commutes and low traffic. It has all the amenities of a big city including an international airport, a college and university, a state-of-the art concert hall auditorium and is the birth place of many NHL players.
Ted’s RV & Trailer Repair Ltd. in Rosslyn ON (near Thunder Bay) specializes in the repair and maintenance of RVs for all years, makes and models; it is not a RV dealership. We are a small family-owned shop with 5 employees but are large on space with 9000 square feet of indoor shop (5 bays) with a service and parts counter. The current owner is looking to retire within the next 5 years. This is a unique opportunity for a skilled and business-minded Journeyman RV Technician who is interested in being a future business owner. NO WEEKEND WORK IS REQUIRED!
Examine and troubleshoot assigned units needing repairs and maintenance. Undertake RV reconstruction and rot repairs, including new roofs, new slide floors, new walls and floor. Repair RVs in a timely manner and with attention to detail, while providing outstanding customer service.
Troubleshoot, diagnose and complete required RV repairs and maintenance
Write work orders (when required), read work orders and complete repairs accurately and efficiently
Complete required paperwork and provide service advisor with updates on the progress
Complete invoicing and receive payments, sell parts to customers (when required)
Deal with customers about progress of RV repair (when required)
Qualified RV Journeyman Technician with minimum 5 years of experience OR minimum 10 years of experience working in the trade with no certification
RV1 Propane Certification
- Knowledge and experience with RV propane systems, plumbing systems, electrical systems, air conditioning, refrigerators, heating systems, water systems and slide mechanisms
- Ability to diagnose, troubleshoot and complete repairs on above-noted systems
- Knowledgeable about RV construction and how to reconstruct frame components
- Knowledge of and experience to safely work with power tools and wood shop equipment
- Ability to maintain a clean and safe work area for self and co-workers
- Experience with motorized RVs (A to C class, levelling systems)
- Good computer skills and basic math skills
- Able to operate a fork-lift
- Able to work independently and as part of a team environment
- Take pride in a job well-done
- Willing to learn with a positive attitude
- Able to provide a strong customer experience
- Entrepreneurial mind-set with ambition to be a future business owner