National RV Sales Manager
Job Posting Date:October 25, 2021
Scope of Work
Reporting to the VP of Canada, the National Sales Manager is responsible for developing a team of highly productive product advisors who meet and exceed revenue targets while promptly and professionally addressing the needs of customers. This position is required to generate and deliver sales and marketing initiatives, identify opportunities of revenue growth and customer retention strategies. They are further required to coach and mentor the sales team through motivation, leadership and encouragement while striving for exceptional customer service standards and accountability.
• Present and represent CanaDream to the highest standards of integrity and service reflecting CanaDream as a market leader in RV offerings.
• Build and retain an effective team of product advisors.
• Plan, direct and evaluate the operations of the sales team.
• Continue to build and coach an effective team of Product Advisors (PA) and F&I specialists committed to CanaDream’s sale process as currently defined (may be changed from time to time).
• Coach product advisors to ensure they are following and achieving agreed business plans for success and using available tools and systems provided to properly track performance.
• Provide weekly updates of product advisors’ results to plan.
• Ensure CanaDream has a good mix of available Sales product displayed and ready for presentation both online and at store locations.
• Ensure policies and procedures are followed when completing the sale and delivery of the customer’s purchase.
• Ensure available inventory is displayed on required websites and other suitable marketing avenues that will give the highest exposure possible.
• Provide a weekly summary of responses to advertisements, summarize Product Advisor follow up, allowing CanaDream to track and measure lead costs.
• Provide a weekly updated North American market analysis of competitive offerings to our advertised product.
• Develop, implement, and monitor detailed inside and outside sales strategies and objectives.
• Maintain high levels of customer satisfaction and retention levels.
• Implement and execute CanaDream’s marketing strategy and business sales plans.
• Lead, coach and motivate the team to achieve sales goals.
• Model and champion CanaDream’s language and core values.
• Attain budgeted revenue expectations.
• Set sales expectations for each of CanaDream’s product advisors including customer expectations and quota achievement.
• Measure the activities of product advisors.
• Resolve customer concerns and complaints in a courteous and professional manner.
• Determine staffing requirements and oversee the hiring of salespeople.
• Create a safe environment for the discussion and resolution of issues and concerns.
• Work in concert with other department and business leaders to assure congruence with sales operations.
• Conduct regular sales team performance evaluations.
• Ensure all sales personnel comply with CanaDream’s policies, procedures, and ethical standards.
• Ensure compliance with CanaDream’s standards for cost control, waste reduction, quality, safety, and on-time delivery.
• Provide leadership for employee relations through effective communications, coaching, training, and development.
• Attend exhibits and other promotional opportunities.
• Perform other duties as required.
• Post-Secondary education in Business, Marketing, or related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• 5 plus years’ experience with an established track record in sales. Preference will be given to candidates with automotive or RV sales experience.
• 5 plus years of management experience, preferably in the RV or Automotive industry.
• Successfully managed a small to medium size sales force in the travel and tourism industry.
• Demonstrated business skills related to budgeting, training, hiring, writing, presentation and selling products/services to customers.
• Demonstrated leadership and listening skills.
• Skilled in working successfully with a diverse team of employees.
• Capable of establishing and meeting goals and objectives for the sales team.
• Ability to analyze data and prepare succinct reports.
• Computer literacy, including effective working skills of Microsoft Office and CRM program(s).
• Capable of reading, analyzing, and interpreting general business reports, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, department heads, customers, and the public.
• Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, etc.
• Aptitude for solving sales related issues and/or concerns.
• Demonstrated ability to provide superior customer service.
• Experience with developing sales strategies and business plans.
• Ability to lead and effectively supervise professional sales staff.
• Ability to effectively communicate, both verbally and written.